Monday, April 26, 2010

Seeing Red in Paris

One of my favorite blogs is called "Paris Breakfasts". Carol (Gillott) does a great job of capturing the essence of all things Parisian, and she's a wonderful artist. A while ago she did a post called "Jour de Rouge" which got me to thinking. And I have made it a practice to photograph everything (well, almost everything) red during my sojourn in Paris. Here are some of the results.

At St.-Eustache:
On the street:
In the gardens of the Palais Royal:
At the Comédie Française:
At the métro:
Boats on the Seine:
Everywhere at the Musée du quai Branly:
In the métro:
At my local marché:
In the hotel:
In Monet's "Nymphéas":
In other paintings at the Orangerie--Renoir's "Claude Renoir, jouant":
In Soutine's "Le Garçon de l'étage" and "Glaïeuls":
In Utrillo's "La Maison Bernot":
In Matisse's "Odalisque à la culotte rouge":
And finally (for now) in Renoir's "Fraises":
I think it's safe to say that Paris is indeed "la ville rouge"!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the link Marie.
    what a wonderful group of RED pictures!!
    merci
    carolg

    ReplyDelete